Donate your birthday and support your favorite charity or cause.
One of the many joys in life is the simple act of kindness. Whether it includes gift giving, volunteering, being a supportive friend, or even going the extra mile to make a stranger smile, kindness is contagious. Kindness also increases our happiness, reduces stress, and improves emotional wellbeing.
It’s quite simple to set up a fundraiser on Facebook!
In doing so, you are helping to build awareness about our unique martial arts therapy, and the incredible little heroes who have taken control and used our techniques to self-regulate during treatments or stressful situations – finding PURPOSE along the way.
Here are the steps to help you get started. Good news – there are no fees associated with the service. As a result, all the money you raise in honor of your special day goes directly to the Heroes Circle.
- Create Post on Facebook
- Click the ellipses (…) in the bottom right corner
- Click the “Raise Money” option
- Type in “Kids Kicking Cancer”
- Click our page!
- Enter any remaining information if prompted (How much you would like to raise, the end date of your fundraiser, etc.)
- Add a personal message (If you’d like) 😊
- Click Post!
It’s important to realize that you can do more than just fundraise on your birthday! You can give back and spread kindness by:
- Hosting a Toy Drive: Gather your friends and family and collect toys and books to donate to your local nonprofits.
- Posting About Your Charity of Choice: Take your platform to the next level by simply spreading the word about an organization that means something to you.
- Volunteering: Pull together friends and family and spend a day supporting your community.
- Completing a Random Act of Kindness: Give an unexpected compliment. Write a thank you note. Give someone your seat. Make dinner for a neighbor. The sky’s the limit!
- Substituting Gifts for Donations: Chose a local nonprofit like Kids Kicking Cancer and ask your friends and family to make a gift in your honor.
We hope you’ll consider donating your birthday for a good cause. Not only are you spreading kindness, but you are changing lives.