Director of Marketing - full time position
The role of the Director of Marketing at Kids Kicking Cancer is to build and manage a full marketing department, serving the needs of all departments at Global Kids Kicking Cancer. This role will develop and implement marketing plans, budget, and calendars, they will act as a project manager making sure the resources are in place to complete projects on time.
KKC is embarking on a massive digital effort to reach more than one million kids over the next five years. This position is going to play a huge role in guiding the organization in the digital space, building brand recognition in new markets, and helping lead the digital transformation. This person should be able to edit and develop content for a wide range of marketing purposes (social, newsletter, direct mail, etc.). A key piece of this position will be to help manage the full cycle of event and conference planning.
- Create and implement marketing plans, content calendars, and email/website updates.
- Manage all marketing projects, ensuring deadlines are met and within budget.
- Coordinate mailing projects with mail house.
- Manage department workflow and marketing team including any external vendors (ie. graphic designer).
- Communicate effectively with marketing team members and across organizational departments for on-time delivery of marketing needs.
- Work with leadership to develop and implement digital growth strategy, messaging, communication and rebranding campaign. Continue to provide feedback, updates, and reports around growth and trajectory.
- Implement best practices and consistency around brand, voice, and marketing materials.
- Develop and manage digital marketing team, overseeing all social media, paid marketing, and digital spaces, guide KKC to be at the forefront of the digital space on multiple platforms.
- Lead data analysis for digital marketing platforms, provide reports and analytics on performance in relationship to growth.
Writing and editing
- Execute and write or engage copywriter to apply consistent brand voice and content to all KKC written materials.
- Edit a variety of materials including press releases, marketing, campaign, innovation, fundraising letters, newsletters, email, web content, etc.
- Develop and manage direct mail and other fundraising campaigns and materials.
- Coordinate and produce live events from planning including facilities and catering, to clean up; build and manage budget.
- Work across teams to develop and implement proper programming, budget, marketing, and coordinate speakers, logistics, and any audio/visual needs.
- Follow up for all events including a debrief and final report including metrics and review.
- Utilize and organize CRM in partnership with data management team to ensure proper tracking of event participation.
- Track and maintain all documentation for rentals, vendors, volunteers, and extra staff.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, English, communications, or a related subject
- 10 years of experience in marketing, preferably for a marketing agency or nonprofit organization.
- Experience managing creative teams, designers, printers, and mail houses.
- Experience working with across teams, with internal clients, and a variety of audiences.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate professionally to a diverse audience
- Superior proofreading skills including the ability to write in different styles.
- High-level attention to detail and organizational capabilities
- Basic graphic design skills
- Demonstrated ability to project budgets, timelines and deliverables
- Capable of handling multiple and often competing demands in a busy work environment
- Ability to work as a team player, influencing others over whom they have no direct control
- Highly organized self-starter with ability to prioritize workload while meeting both short and long-term deadline
- Excellent computer skills and proficient with technology, web design, social media, graphic design software, formal document preparation and database management, familiarity with development software a plus, and a willingness to learn new programs.
- Submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line should be: Director of Marketing
- Or apply below