Organizational Background: Kids Kicking Cancer is an evidence-based innovative program that merges modern integrative medicine with traditional martial arts. Specially trained black belt martial artists teach breathing, visualization, and relaxation techniques, in addition to traditional martial arts moves, to help empower the children and provide them with a sense of power, peace, and purpose. Our Heroes Circle program allows very sick children with all types of illnesses to be in the center of a circle that inspires and teaches the world, how to “breathe in the light and blow out the darkness.” The Heroes Circle is now functioning in 90 facilities in 7 countries. Our goal is to lower the pain of one million children by 2025.
Kids Kicking Cancer is looking to hire an Executive Director to work in partnership with our Founder, Rabbi Elimelech Goldberg, “Rabbi G”. The Executive Director will manage the day-to-day operations of KKC while providing guidance, oversight, and leadership in all areas of the organization. A 22-year-old organization, KKC has successfully grown from a single therapeutic martial arts program aimed at kids battling cancer, to a global organization working both physically and digitally in programs across 7 countries and 11 States. Today KKC and its Heroes Circle functions in multiple areas of programming including easing the pain of very sick kids, partnering with school systems to address stress and anxiety, and continuing to pilot and launch new programs aimed at adults and other populations, all while using the core breathing techniques taught by martial arts therapists and the children themselves. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced non-profit leader to help build the next chapter of KKC.
With a strategic plan and a major campaign in place to grow over the next five years, it is an exciting time to join the team at KKC. As KKC continues to evolve, this person will play a key role in guiding the organization through its national and global growth. We are looking for someone experienced in leading teams in non-profit organizations, with strong operational and development skills and who can move quickly and balance competing priorities.
Like many organizations, KKC’s programs have evolved in the in the last year, bringing more of our interactions into the virtual space. We are looking for a forward-thinking positive leader, who is excited about providing organizational structure and stability while finding and sustaining opportunities for evolution as needed.
This role will be responsible for:
- Supervision and Management of KKC Global Headquarter Staff and leadership
- Leading KKC through its strategic plan, infrastructure building and managing change
- Creating efficiencies through data, systems, and managing resources
- Cultivating and stewarding donors, partners, and new initiatives
- Working closely and engaging with the development of board members
We are looking for someone who has:
- Significant leadership experience in dynamic organizations, ideally, experience in a leadership role in a non-profit and/or experience in the health care, youth programming, or an illness-based sector.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate others around a shared vision and to create a path to achieve goals
- Familiarity with fundraising and development within social or non-profit services, government grants experience is a definite plus
- Ability and passion to serve as a compelling voice within and for the organization and to partner with our founder in sharing the mission.
- Strength in verbal and written communication across platforms and with various stakeholders
- Ability to successfully set goals, prioritize, and be accountable for personal and organizational progress toward objective
- Experience facilitating engagement of diverse communities locally, nationally, and internationally.
Salary Range: $130-175k commensurate with experience.
While we are currently working remotely, this position will be expected to work out of our Southfield, MI offices, when it is safe to do so.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or apply below, feel free to reach out with questions.