Part-Time Martial Arts Therapist
Kids Kicking Cancer (KKC) is looking to hire part-time/contract Martial Arts Therapists who have ability to work anywhere from 2-10 hours per week.
As a KKC trained Martial Arts Therapist you will teach breathing, visualization, and relaxation techniques, in addition to traditional martial arts moves, to help empower children and provide them with a sense of power, peace, and purpose. It is important for our martial artists to recognize our program is non-contact and not self-defense oriented.
Martial Arts Therapists undergo extensive training in the meditative, breathing, and empowerment techniques used in the program. The curriculum work is followed by practical application and in-person (or virtual) training in class, hospital, and one-on-one settings.
We are looking for Black Belt Martial Artists who are patient, kind, and empathetic teachers. If you are looking to add meaningful and powerful experience to your work, come join us as we ease the pain of very sick children through martial arts.
A Martial Arts Therapist must:
- Provide an empathetic approach to children and families while consistently building trust as a kind and patient teacher
- Utilize problem solving skills, approaching challenges with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Be open to new techniques and technologiesand be a team player
- Be comfortable in a medical environment, working with kids and people of all different backgrounds, illness, and abilities
- Demonstrate self-initiative, honesty, and a strong work
- Always hold a professional and respectful manner when interacting with patients, parents, hospital partners and other KKC staff
- Offer flexibility, availability, and sensitivity in meeting the needs of a seriously ill pediatric population
- Black Belt Certified Martial Artist
- Experience teaching martial arts, preferably to children
- Training or experience working in pediatric psychosocial support a plus.
- Basic computer skills, use or learn Microsoft systems, and virtual tools (ie. Zoom)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- We are looking for a wide variety of availability and schedules – please reach out with any interest
KKC requires its staff to be vaccinated for the flu and Covid-19.
Locations: We are looking for martial artists in the below places who will have availability to go in person to hospitals (when they open back up) and will have some opportunity for virtual instruction. If you are not in any of the below places, still apply, as we are continually adding hospitals and locations to our roster.
- Boston, MA
- Chicago, IL
- Los Angeles, CA
- NYC, New York
- New Jersey
- Savannah, GA
- San Francisco, CA