Kids Kicking Cancer is an evidence-based innovative program that merges modern integrative medicine with traditional martial arts. Specially trained black belt martial artists teach breathing, visualization, and relaxation techniques, in addition to traditional martial arts moves, to help empower the children and provide them with a sense of power, peace, and purpose. Our Heroes Circle program allows very sick children with all types of illnesses to be in the center of a circle that inspires and teaches the world, how to “breathe in the light and blow out the darkness.” The Heroes Circle is now functioning in 90 facilities in 7 countries. Our goal is to lower the pain of one million children by 2025.
Kid’s Kicking Cancer is looking to add a Video Editor to our growing Marketing team. As KKC’s digital marketing efforts increase, our need has grown to bring on an in-house editor. This position will work on both social media and digital marketing videos along with supporting several other internal initiatives that utilize video products. Some of these include our Childhood Resilience Initiative and videos being produced for our programming with schools and youth, additionally we have a regular need to incorporate videos in our fundraising and conference efforts.
This person will be prepared to both assist in filming and be our lead editor. You should be excited about editing content for a variety of social media outlets, along with having an eye for creative storytelling and editing content for a variety of audiences, from children to funders, to folks in the medical field and more. We are working in a fast-paced and continually evolving environment with continual opportunity for collaboration and creativity.
- Editing all video content used in social media posts – currently includes Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok etc.
- Create content that is emotional, shows impact, and meets the objectives of each individual project’s needs.
- Work across teams to provide videos for each department as necessary, often working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Manage video requests from KKC team members, providing realistic and efficient timelines.
- Provide support and assist with all projects that have an audio/video element, including but not limited to conferences, webinars, remote events, etc.
- Work with external and internal vendors providing necessary information and requirements for any photographers, videographers, or other staff who are filming or recording content.
- Keeping KKC at the forefront of new technologies and utilizing industry standard software, social platforms, and participating in creating best practices around marketing.
- Videography or design education or equivalent relevant experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in video and audio editing.
- Experience with graphic design and other design and storytelling elements.
- Shows a passion for storytelling and video, curiosity for learning new and innovative strategy and has experience making creative content on multiple social media sites.
- Has an ability to make relevant content across all platforms and has extraordinary skills in at least one if not all of these: design, video editing, audio editing, social media copywriting.
- Proficient in one or more of the Adobe Creative Suite programs, mobile creator apps and understands in-app editing for social media.
Please email your resume and portfolio – or any examples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org; with the subject line: Video Editor
or use form below