Kids Kicking Cancer now offers help and services to not only cancer patients, but any child in pain from a serious illness.
Using martial arts therapy, Kids Kicking Cancer staff teaches ill children and their siblings to:
- Regain a sense of control over the chaos of their lives.
- Become empowered partners in their own healing.
- Push away the message of pain.
- Provide inspiration and light to others facing life-challenges.
- See themselves as victors, not victims.
Martial arts techniques unlock the student’s Power, and the focused breathing and relaxation work brings them Peace. While teaching Kids Kicking Cancer’s Breath Brake to others, they find great Purpose in their young lives.
Summary of our Services:
- Free martial arts classes and uniforms.
- Relaxation, meditation and empowerment training for children and siblings.
- Home visits as needed.
- Individual support during clinical procedures and hospitalizations.
- Special family events and outings – including our annual Belting Ceremony.
- Sibling support programs.
- Group and individual parent counseling.
- End-of-life and bereavement counseling.
- Transportation to and from classes and events (in certain program locations)
- Resources through community partnerships – winter coats, food, holiday gift packages, adopt-a-family.
- Referrals for other community resources.
- Workshops for health care professionals in Kids Kicking Cancer pain management techniques.
All services provided by Kids Kicking Cancer are at no cost to the children and their families. We offer programs and services for children as young as three years old.