Kids Kicking Cancer’s Heroes Circle program provides therapeutic martial arts classes and hospital visits for children and teens. Weekly classes at hospitals, clinics, and even the children’s homes, teach traditional karate moves along with the mind-body techniques of meditation, breathing, relaxation, and visualization to dramatically lower pain levels.
Kids Kicking Cancer’s mission is: To ease the pain of very sick children while empowering them to heal physically, spiritually and emotionally.
Using martial arts therapy, Kids Kicking Cancer teaches seriously ill children & their siblings to:
- Regain a sense of control over the chaos of their lives.
- Become empowered partners in their own healing.
- Push away the messages of pain, fear, and anger.
- Provide inspiration and light to others facing life-challenges.
- Teach other children, and even adults, how to take control.
- See themselves as victors, not victims.
All services provided by Kids Kicking Cancer are at no cost to the children and families. They are 100% free of charge. Children 3 years & older, and their siblings are eligible for the program.